Look at the whole picture! 2022 global top Genome Technology Summit (AGBT) players
——Brother Yin talks about genes
AGBT(Advances in genome biology and Technology) is one of the highest standard conferences in the field of genomics and sequencing technology. Every year, major enterprises will show new products and release new trends at the conference.
The most influential enterprises in genomics and other fields often attend the meeting, including many old and strong enterprises such as Roche and bidi. Of course, some new forces in the industry will take advantage of this stage to show their abilities. A total of 41 enterprises participated in AGBT this year,Among them, there are 34 in the United States and only one MGI in China6 from other countries; The business scope covers genome, spatio-temporal group, single cell, experimental instruments and reagents, etc.
At this AGBT, experts believe that in the next few yearsThe single-cell market will grow at a rate of more than 20%per year, and space omics technology will go hand in hand.High growth omics technology and full space transcriptome analysis technology are also hot topics of concern.
List of players at the world’s top genome technology summit in 2022
It is another year of Technology Summit. Looking at the list of participants, one cannot help but wonder why we would have stood on the stage of the world’s top genome technology summit again and again without the persistence of Chinese scientists day and night. But at this moment, we still have a lot of work to do. The self-reliance and self-improvement of science and technology has always been a struggle. Only by working hard and persevering, can we achieve success!
When the meeting is about to be held, brother Yin also wants to take you to know these players standing on the top of the mountain.
Note:for the sequencing technology of single-cell transcriptome, if the location information is recorded at the same time, it used to be called”space group” or”space transcriptome”. On this basis, Huada superimposed samples at different time points, such technology can provide researchers with information in both time and space dimensions, so it is defined as”spatio-temporal omics” technology.
At this summit, brother Yin also refined someKey points, take this opportunity to share with you:
• Oxford nanopore’s long reading method is more modular, and the flux can be greatly improved in the future, which may become the ultimate winner of long reading.
• SBB of Pacific bioscience has more advantages than other medium flux products, q40> 90%。 While other players such as element aviti q30 are about 95%, Illumina nextseq and the ngs sequencer G4 of single genomics have similar accuracy (2x150bp). Pacbio long read long has a potential niche market in clinical laboratories/research, but the high price of short read long genome at $700 may limit this market.
• element products can immediately enter the medium flux laboratory market in terms of services. The accuracy of element is better than that of Ultima and Illumina, but the platformization from medium flux to high flux is still an important factor for clinical customers. Laboratories with medium flux platforms usually require fast turnaround time and may lack a large number of sample supplies.
• run time is the key value of medium throughput sequencing. The fastest running time of NGS sequencer G4 of single genomics is 19 hours, followed by Illumina nextseq (P3) and element aviti, which take 48 hours (2x150bp).
• high conversion costs in clinical laboratory environments. Cap and CLIA have high standard requirements for core laboratories and clinical laboratories, and it is very difficult to adopt new workflow/system for laboratories that have used novaseq. On the other hand, due to the limitations and complexity of Illumina software and data, it may take several months to switch to the new system.
• Huada Zhizao will start selling dnbseq-g400c based on coolmps sequencing reagent in the U.S. market at the end of August 2022, this sequencer has more than 1000 installed machines in the world, which can provide high-quality sequencing data for the medium flux sequencing laboratory. Later, other models of sequencers will also enter the United States in succession, and provide diversified laboratory solutions in combination with Huada intelligent manufacturing automation instruments.